Can be classified as:
- Generalised – consider the need to investigate for an underlying medical condition
Primary care management prior to referral
- Antiperspirants e.g. Anydrol Forte or Driclor
- Propanthelene 15mg od/bd, increasing as tolerated to 30mg tds (licensed).
- If intolerant, trial modified release oxybutynin e.g. Lyrinel XL 10mg.
- Systemic anticholinergics as above
When to consider a referral
Essentially for iontophoresis which can be useful for axillary, palmar and plantar hyperhidrosis if primary care management has failed.
Please include details of treatments in primary care when referring.
Not available on the NHS
Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy (ETS)