Information for GDPs / Dental Practices
Oral Surgery and Orthodontic referrals
The Referral Management Service manages referrals from General Dental Practitioners into primary and secondary care. Referrals should be made using the correct proforma.
When you refer a patient to the RMS, please ensure you do the following to enable us to process the patient’s referral efficiently:
- Complete all sections of the proforma
- Make the form legible and easy to read
- Make sure the name, address, telephone number and date of birth are correct
- Record your details as the referrer
- Record the patient’s registered GP practice details
- State clearly the reason for referral and why this treatment cannot be carried out in the dental practice
Oral and Facial Surgery
For Oral Surgery referral guidelines please click here
For Oral Surgery FAQ's please click here
If you suspect malignancy, referrals must not be sent to the RMS. These referrals should be made on the Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust Head and Neck/Thyroid proforma which can be found here. The referral must be emailed to email@example.com on the date of decision to refer. If the referring practice is not using an NHS.net email account, the email must be encrypted. Practices must call the Urgent Referrals Office at RCHT on 01872 252323 at the time of sending the email to confirm that it has been received. If the patient meets the criteria, they will be seen within 2 weeks.
It is essential that the patient’s correct contact details are included on the referral.