IAPT for COPD
IAPT- Psychological interventions for patients with specified long term conditions
HEALTHY OUTLOOK is a service designed to focus on supporting service users to manage their mental health in order to better manage their physical health condition.
Patients who have a diagnosis of any of the inclusion conditions below and find it difficult to manage their condition; are experiencing symptoms of stress, depression or anxiety and frequently attend physical health services are eligible.
- Diabetes (Types 1 and 2)
- Cardiovascular Related Problems
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Patients who would be considered low to medium risk in that they may be experiencing thoughts or passive suicidal/self-harming ideation in line with depression or anxiety but have no plans or intent to act upon this.
- Patients who are currently engaged with other services such as Pentreath, DWP, or related charity organisations are accepted.
- Referrals are accepted from the Community Mental Health Team as long as the service user has one of the inclusion criteria conditions, have had a sustained period of stability and they are engaged with the Community Health Teams’ treatment program.
- High Risk Patients:Patients that are experiencing frequent thoughts of suicide or who have plans or intent to harm themselves or others in some way. Patients that are considered ‘high risk’ of suicide will not be accepted. Please be aware that we are not an emergency service.
- Other physical health conditions:Patients with other physical health conditions such as Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME, epilepsy, Cancer or any other condition that is not listed in the inclusion criteria cannot be accepted.
- Alcohol or Substance Dependence: Service users that are currently engaging in or have a dependency on drugs and/or alcohol that are not engaged with the commissioned service to manage the dependency with the substance or alcohol. Such referrals from these services will also be subject to an assessment for clinical appropriateness.
- Patients who are seeking mental health input only: The service is designed and adapted to focus in on supporting service users managing their mental health in order to better manage their physical health condition.
HOW TO REFER:
Complete the online referral form via this link: https://www.cornwallft.nhs.uk/register-online
Healthy outlook contact details:
Phone: 01208 871905