Information for GP Practices
The RMS is a local service managed by a group of GP’s from Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. Our main aim is to ensure that patient’s get to see the right person, at the right time, at the right place.
The RMS is made up of:
- Referral Administrators
- Assistant Operations Managers
- Business Support Administrator
- Data and Systems Manager
- Project and Implementation Assistant
- Assistant General Manager
- Operational Clinical Lead
The service is clinically led has clinical oversight from the Planned Care Clinical Advisory Group.
What happens when your referral reaches us?
What we need from you
In order to allow us to process your referrals in an efficient and timely manner, we need the following information:
- Up-to-date patient demographics (including a daytime contact number with area code)
- Primary reason for referral including clear referral instructions
- BMI/BP taken within the past 12 months (to enable us to offer full choice)
- Previous medical history and any recent investigations
We also require you to attach the referral letter and any attachments at the time of booking into Kernow RMS, as without this we cannot process the referral.
Click here for the Referral Management Service Patient Information letter