Definition: Blood seen within the ejaculate
- Consider referral in those >40y, or abnormal PSA or >3 episodes.
- No evidence of the value of additional urological tests that may include USS Renal, Trans-rectal USS; cystoscopy is rarely undertaken.
- Exclude haematuria
- Exclude other inguino-scrotal abnormality (eg scrotal mass)
Management prior to referral: (NHS Evidence)
- Invariably benign disease, albeit distressing and concerning.
- Exclude STI and bleeding diathesis
- PSA test
- If PSA normal, in those < 40y with <3 episodes reassure and do not refer.