ENT Service Providers in Cornwall

RCHT Consultant Clinics

·         Held at RCHT and various community sites

·         Adults and children, children with purely hearing loss should be referred to audiology. If ENT is needed audiology will refer directly to ENT without causing delay.


RCHT Clinical Nurse Specialist Aural Care Clinic

RCH & WCH/St.Michaels/Bodmin Hospital//St Austell

All patients >16yrs old, with a discharging ear and an indication for referral in the absences of red flags (above) can be initially seen and assessed in the RCHT Clinical Nurse Specialist Clinic Examples of conditions which they deal with include:

·         Otitis externa and discharging ears

·         Wax impaction

·         Suspected Cholesteatoma

·         Known Cholesteatoma for on-going, non-surgical management

·         Perforation of ear drum

·         Surfers ear for treatment of otitis externa (If patient is considering surgery, ENT is more appropriate)

·         Removal of foreign bodies from the ear (consider referral to On-call ENT SHO)

Onward referral on to ENT will be made if necessary.


·         Hearing test are not available in this clinic

·         Suspected Cholesteatoma - refer to ENT OPD

·         Patients aged 16yrs and younger


To discuss a patient GPs can either call Trelawney Outpatients/ ENT Dept and ask to speak with an Aural care nurse or email them directly on one of the following: