Early Help Hub
What is the Early Help Hub?
· A single point of access for Council and Cornwall Foundation Trust Early Help services for children and families
· The Early Help Hub consists of a team of professionals who will direct referrals to the most appropriate service.
· There are specific forms for individual services however referrers can also use the generic Early Health Hub Form if they are unsure which is the most appropriate service and can tick the box “unsure Early Help Hub to advise”. All forms are found on the early Health Hub Website
· The early Help Hub will ensure the referral is directed or signposted to an appropriate service. The team will communicate any changes in referral management to the referrer and the family
Who can be referred?
· Individuals from the antenatal period to 18 years (19 years for FNP).
· Individuals can be referred up to the age of 25 years if they have a Special Educational Need or a disability.
Who can refer to the service?
· Any health care or other professional
· Or any family member/friend who have identified a need for support.
· For services that accept self-referrals individuals can refer themselves via www.cornwall.gov.uk/earlyhelp
Which services are included?
· Autistic Spectrum Disorder Assessment
· Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services – CAMHS
· Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services-learning disability
· Children’s Community Nursing/Diana Team
· Early Years Inclusion Service
· Family Intervention Programme
· Family Nurse Partnership (FNP)
· Family Support
· Health Visiting
· Paediatric Epilepsy Nurse Specialists
· Parenting Support
· School Nursing
· Speech and Language Therapy
· Targeted Youth Support
· Video Interactive Guidance
All the above services have new referral forms and consent statements. Please download and ONLY use the new versions from the website. http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/earlyhelphub
Which services are excluded?
· Referrals to see a paediatrician at RCHT (follow existing processes)
· Community Paediatric referrals(follow existing processes)
· Community Physiotherapy(follow existing processes)
· Child protection referrals (refer to the Multi Agency Referral Unit)
How to make a referral
Gain consent from the person with legal responsibility for:
· a.The referral to be made to the Early Help Hub
· b.Information to be shared with both Cornwall Foundation Trust and Cornwall Council Children’s Social Care Services
· c.If the person does not wish their information to be shared between organisations we will respect that wish and ensure it is dealt with by the appropriate agency.
For information sharing advice see: http://www.supportincornwall.org.uk/kb5/cornwall/directory/advice.page?id=tJpG9kKzCtM
Download and complete the relevant ‘Request for Help’ form found at http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/earlyhelphub on behalf of the patient and submit electronically by email to the Hub email@example.com
If you are unsure which service you require use the generic Early Help Hub request form.
If you want advice, please call the Early Help Hub on 01872 322277